Ask a questionQ & A
What do Christians believe in?
Thanks for your question about Christian belief. This is a very complex topic as Christians believe many things. Therefore often people will create a simple statement of faith which summarises some of the core beliefs. This is one example:
1) We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons; the Father, the Son
and the Holy Spirit.
2) We believe that the Bible is divinely inspired and, therefore, is infallible
and entirely trustworthy and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith
3) We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ who is God revealed in human form,
and we believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, and His atoning death.
4) We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, in His
personal return to consummate God’s Kingdom, and in God’s judgment of the
5) We believe that all have sinned and are therefore under God’s condemnation
and are separated from Him.
6) We believe that redemption from the penalty and the power of sin is
possible only through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
7) We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the
death of Christ effective for individual sinners, granting them repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and enabling the believers to live holy lives and to
witness and work for Christ.
8) We believe in the resurrection of all people, leading to eternal blessing for
the believers and the eternal punishment for unbelievers.
9) We believe that every believer is baptised into the Body of Christ by the
Holy Spirit, and is responsible for keeping the unity of the Spirit by loving one another
with a pure heart.
10) We believe that the Christian Church has existed since the time of Christ’s
life on earth and will continue until His return.
I do hope this general answer to your question goes some way to helping you find peace with God through Jesus Christ our Lord. If you want to know more about what Jesus has done for you please watch the video on the main part of our site: www.lookingforGod.com
In closing, I want to encourage you to get more involved with your local church. It would be good to speak to a Christian leader or another trusted church individual regarding your question. I know they would be delighted to further answer you as well as offer prayer and support as you continue your spiritual journey:
Please use our Interactive Answer Matrix and feel free to ask another question. Our helpful staff are praying for you and waiting to try and answer to you from the Bible, and will be delighted to tell you more about Jesus Christ the Lord, the Saviour of the world.
*All Scripture references are taken From The English Standard Version of the Holy Bible unless stated otherwise
*If anything in this answers affects you directly, then please feel free to call our confidential prayer line in the UK on 0845 4567729, where trained Christian volunteers will take your call and pray both for you and with you. If you are outside of the UK then you may submit your request for prayer on line at http://www.ucb.co.uk/prayerline
Find more answers in...
If you can't find an answer to your question, please ask us instead.