Ask a questionQ & A
There are barely any churches where I live, is there anything else I can do?
Thank you for this question about your struggle to attend a church. I am sorry to hear that you have said there's barely any churches where you live. Here is some practical information which I hope will help encourage you to walk closely with Christ:
- Your own personal prayer and Bible study time needs to be daily and consistent just like every other follower of Christ.
- You can supplement your spiritual learning with countless sermons available on the internet. I would suggest using the uniontheology.org website and listening to teaching on there. There are also many other useful sites like thegospelcoalition.org, desiringGod.org, Ligioner.org
- Although there may not be many churches in your area, I would recommend visiting all of the churches within 30 minutes drive and asking the leader about their theology and how you may be able to get involved. Even if the church is not 'great' it may still be worth considering attending. It would be better to be part of something over nothing. You could then try and encourage other believers too and be a positive influence.
- If there is really, no suitable, Gospel preaching, disciple making Church then I would suggest praying that one starts in the area or you help set one up. if this is the Lord's will for you then He will help you with this.
- Ultimately you can know that Christ is always with you and will never leave you. If you are his follower you are part of the universal Church and body of Christ. He will be with you just as much as someone not in a local Church.
Please feel free to write back with some more specific info about the area you live in and we can try to find a local Church to help you.
I hope this answer helps you to find peace with God through Jesus Christ. If you want to know more about what Jesus has done for you please watch the video on the main part of our site: Watch the video
Please feel free to submit a question to us or to read our answer database: Ask a Question
*All Scripture references are taken From The English Standard Version of the Holy Bible unless stated otherwise
*If anything in this answer affects you directly, then please feel free to call our confidential prayer line in the UK on 0845 4567729, where trained Christian volunteers will take your call and pray both for you and with you. If you are outside of the UK then you may submit your request for prayer on line at www.ucb.co.uk/prayerline
Find more answers in...
If you can't find an answer to your question, please ask us instead.