We take the privacy of our supporters seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Policy explains the privacy and the data protection practices that apply to all websites operated by United Christian Broadcasters Limited, registered charity no. 299128, company registered in England no. 2182533, VAT registration no. 592 6748 90, registered office Hanchurch Christian Centre, Hanchurch, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 8RY ('UCB').
Our aim is to safeguard privacy while providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our users, e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
The Information We Collect
We collect two kinds of information about our users:
- non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular and which pages are least popular. This information doesn't tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), card or bank details, etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities such as requests for publications, product purchases, feedback, donations, etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don't have to disclose any of this information to browse the sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We will use the information you provide to us to:
- process donations, sales transactions, or other payments
- handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites e.g. by customising the content and/or layout of our pages for each individual user
- record any contact we have with you
- communicate with you by appropriate means such as written communication, email, SMS message, and other methods as appropriate technology develops.
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- in aggregate (and therefore anonymously) to profile your use of the websites and carry out research on our users' demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the websites, and to enable us to improve our service to you.
We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer's questions about products or services, sending postal mail, emails and text messages, analysing data, processing credit card payments and contacting supporters. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We require all such companies to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of UCB, the site or its visitors.
Except as indicated above we will not use or transfer this data to any third parties without your prior permission.
Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use reasonable efforts to prevent this.
The Information Advertising Bureau www.allaboutcookies.org provide in depth information about cookies. This site also tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
- personalise the sites to your requirements and avoid lengthy personalisation on each occasion
- identify who you are and to access your account information
- estimate our audience size and patterns
- track preferences and to improve and update our websites
- track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
Your acceptance of this Policy
Legal Statement: Disclaimer
UCB is not liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the site.
This site may offer links to other sites thereby enabling you to leave this site and go directly to the linked sites. UCB is not responsible for the content of any linked site not operated by UCB or any link in a linked site not operated by UCB. UCB is not responsible for any transmission received from any linked site. The inclusion of a link to a site not operated by UCB does not imply that UCB endorses or has approved the linked site.